Tuesday, June 02, 2009

ALMOST a year later, haha.

Well it has nearly been a year since I originally started this blog and I wish I had stayed with it a little better. A lot of things have changed.

To begin with my relationship with my sister is really amazing again. She had a terrible time and her relationship with LBF (Loser Boy Friend) hit rock bottom. Surprisingly, she bounced back a stronger woman and so much better than most women could have. She is doing great, especially considering everything she had to go through with him.

Second, My parents and my sister moved back to Ohio. It could have been under better circumstances but I am just blessed to have them back. Life was hard without them, not impossible, but just really hard and I felt like something was missing.

Third, my relationship with Dustin has really blossomed and I can't even find the words to express how perfect he is, perfect for me. I completely understand that relationships are work, but I am also to this point where I realize it comes naturally. I am not a "baby I love you" or "my boyfriend is better than yours" kind of girl, nor am I that girl that will brag about her man to anyone that will listen. I do need to say, for records sake, I am the luckiest girl in the world. He is absolutely charming and will always make me giggle.

Fourth, I have been in school since last August/September and pursuing a degree in Nuclear Medicine. School is not that difficult and I am so thankful for that. I am sure it will be more difficult as time goes by but I hope to be in the program by next Spring.

I honestly can't complain about much but I can definitely vent.

To all of you mothers out there, how on earth do you find that balance between time with the kids and time for fitness? How do you figure out meals that are nutritious yet still be meals that the kids will enjoy? I am lost on this one. I am definitely not Chef Kelly, so the easier the better, but I am always willing to experiment, haha. Honestly, it confuses the heck out of me and I hoping to find some type of "simple fix" but I am pretty sure I am being way too optimistic.

My next vent is how frustrated I am with myself for not getting to Church every Sunday, or at least most Sundays. To this day, nothing cleanses the soul like a day at Church. I miss it terribly, but I also hate experimenting with new churches. I don't care for being on the spot, the center of attention, and being the new person in church is the epitome of that.

My last vent, may end up being the longest, but who the heck do people think they are? For years I have allowed myself to be taken advantage of. I have worked so hard and taken on projects that are not necessarily mine to do. Why? Partially because I am a perfectionist and partially because I don't want to give any person a reason to dislike me. I always put everyone else ahead of myself. Then if once in a blue moon I put myself first then I get thrown under the bus. I have been lied to and betrayed by many who I thought were my friends. They have been my coworkers as well as employees. My wise mother told me, for years, I need to separate friendships from work relationships. I know she is right, but that is so much harder to do when you see these people more than your own family. So many of us were preached to as children, the golden rule, and told to treat others as you would like to be treated. Somehow as people grow they forget this. Like, when you are driving home after a long day at work. You have just picked up the kids and ready to get home and have some down time with your family. Then you have an encounter with the selfish driver who is weaving in and out of traffic, speeding when speeding is nothing short of dangerous, and just being inconsiderate of every other person on the road. What makes this person believe he/she is better than everyone else? What would their mother think of them at that very moment? At what point do people stop caring who they disappoint? Maybe my personality has always been a bit hippy-esque, but what is so wrong with peace and love? Life is much to short to constantly think of yourself and be willing to hurt others so easily. I get frustrated as I am sure everyone does, but how is it fair that some people still consider others during these times compared to others that only see themselves?

It confuses the heck out of me. Now I am working the night shift tonight but I look forward to writing more as time progresses. It feels so good to get these thoughts off of my mind and onto the screen. Wow.

ETA: How did I forget this? The kids are doing GREAT!! They are getting big, and of course they are all still as beautiful as I could imagine. I am still not over having another baby =D, we will see as time goes on!






1 comments:

Penny1215 said...

Girl, I could have written this blog. I'm right along with you. I just fix my children whatever I can find in the cabinets and they either eat it or they don't. If they don't eat it then they will be hungry later and they'll remember next time. Don't worry about everyone else. If they are your real friends than they won't treat you badly for taking time for yourself. If they aren't your real friends then screw them!! That's how I feel about the matter. Hope your doing okay!!