Thursday, January 06, 2011

Today is the day!

Today is the big day!

Ok, so yes I am a little excited. Today I begin my journey. I have Zumba… and I am just ready to eat right and get in shape! Mostly I am excited to look amazing on my wedding day and learn to dance. I have no rhythm, so I am hoping Zumba can help fix that!

Right now I think my inspiration to get in shape will be my Mom and Dad… they have been working on getting in shape for the past few months and have done such a good job. I am so thankful for such amazing parents that continue to show me the right path. Who would have thought at 27 they would STILL be doing that, haha.

I am back in school as of this week, so that will be interesting. Luckily I only have class Tues/Thurs from 5-7, so it won’t really impact my sleeping schedule and life as much. Last semester the classes being midday really messed with my sleep schedule and I wasn’t able to adapt, but I have some plans this semester to make it better. Only a year left and then I will finally be an RN, but just the sounds of “a year” is so intimidating to me. Then I just remind myself… a year ago today I was unhappy working at the hotel. I disliked my job, it stressed me out, and I had the worst boss ever. A year ago I could never leave work at work, because work always followed me home. A year ago I had just decided I wanted to pursue Nursing and not Nuclear Medicine. Although it feels like yesterday, today I work with a great group of people and although my job challenges me (which I LOVE) it keeps me busy, and to top it off I learn something new everyday. Not to mention I am giving back, even though it may be just a little - I get to be there for people, and I love it so much.

So, today is a beginning… and that is yet another thing that I love.

0 comments: